Jim Morrison was a captivating and inspiring figure for the people of his time.
Heck, he still is to these days.
He brought so much to music that his influence still echoes today.
Besides having an epic voice, he also had a unique look that girls liked very much and guys wanted to copy.
However, you rarely see pictures of Jim Morrison with his beard.
Although rare, he looks really good with some facial hair.
He is as masculine and attractive as he ever was and the beard complements his hair in a very fashionable way.
That said, a lot of guys that have a similar hairstyle could try and copy his beard style as well.
But it takes a lot of effort to shape a perfect Jim Morrison beard.
Luckily, with a few timely trims and tricks, you are going to get there with ease.
We included all of these within our article and present them to you so you can style your look just like Jim Morrison.
Table Of Contents
- Jim Morrison Early Life and Rise to Fame
- Morrison’s Famous Quotes
- Jim Morrison’s Famous Beard Styles
- Tools Needed to Maintain It
- How to Get a Beard Like Him
- How to Maintain and Style Your Beard
- Best Products to Maintain It
Jim Morrison Early Life and Rise to Fame
A renowned singer, poet, and songwriter, Jim Morrison was born in Melbourne, Florida, on the 8th of December 1943 from parents Clara Clark and James Douglas Morrison. Jim Morrison was also a member of the famous rock group formed in the 1960s called “The Doors.”
Jim Morrison already showed his brilliance and an impressive academic record as a child. However, his father, who served as part of the US naval forces, was rigorous when disciplining his children, causing Jim to end up having a somewhat rebellious attitude. His father worked in the US Navy also caused him and the entire family to travel frequently and live from one place to another, but most of his childhood years were spent in California.
He finished high school at George Washington High School in Alexandria, Virginia. After that, he began to live with his grandparents in Florida. He took some classes at St. Petersburg College then transferred to Florida State University, located in Tallahassee. This is where he became part of a school recruitment firm.
Jim Morrison transferred to Los Angeles in 1964, where he participated in the comparative literature program of UCLA (University of California, LA). A year later, he got his undergraduate degree from the film school of UCL. He continued his film studies – along which he made two films, entitled “First Love and the documentary “Obscura.”
After he graduated in 1965, Jim Morrison began to live his life in the Venice beach, though unconventionally. He and his schoolmate at UCLA Ray Manzarek formed “The Doors.” Soon after, they were joined by Robby Krieger, the guitarist, and John Densmore, the drummer. In the same year, “The Doors” was formally established and introduced as a rock band.
As the lead member, Jim Morrison rose to fame. He was also the one who wrote the majority of the band’s songs. This prompted the start of their career and they continued gaining popularity and got recognized as an influential band. They earned national recognition in 1967, right after they signed a contract with Elektra Records.
Morrison’s Famous Quotes
“Whoever controls the media controls the mind.”
“A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.”
“We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.”
“Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.”
“You feel your strength in the experience of pain.”
Jim Morrison’s Famous Beard Styles
Just like achieving John Lennon’s beard style, the beard style of Jim Morrison can also be easily emulated. Morrison’s beard can be considered as one of the most popular types of beards in the 70s, making it a classic. It became a famous beard style for those looking like iconic actors and musicians.
The famous beard style of Jim Morrison was not part of him when he started. He just decided to grow it using the beard-growing kit, so people would begin perceiving him as a poet, artist, and singer, instead of his bad and rebellious image brought on by his womanizing nature, excessive alcohol intake and drug addiction.
It seemed to work as he sported it; the style stopped becoming one of the beard styles to avoid. A lot of men followed his suit during that time. You can also wear it now, provided you have premium beard oil and the best beard and mustache scissors for proper trimming.
Morrison’s style comes in the form of long hair appearing on the chin and sideburns. The shorter hair should also be made visible on the neck and cheeks.
Tools Needed to Maintain It
Do you want to have a Jim Morrison beard or know someone who wants to sport such a style? Then invest in the following tools as these gifts for men with beards aid in proper grooming and maintenance:
- Beard brush. The best beard brush is a useful tools for beard maintenance as they can train your beard to have growth in your preferred direction. You can also use this tool for styling. Go for a beard brush with boar bristles as they effectively pick up grime and dirt while keeping your natural oils and the beard products you apply evenly distributed, resulting in a smooth and soft beard.
- Beard comb. Look for the most suitable beard combs for you, as these tools can help in eliminating tangles and knots. You can also use the comb for proper styling and ensuring that you have a dapper and well-manicured beard.
- Beard scissor. You need this for trimming your beard upon reaching your desired length.
- Beard shaper or liner. If possible, pick that beard liner or shaper, which has the 3-in-1 template for your beard, neck, and sideburns. This should help in styling and shaping your beard with ease.
How to Get a Beard Like Him
Step 1 – Start the beard growth process
This means that you should wait for a while to make your beard grow at your preferred length. Avoid trimming it until it reaches that length.
Step 2 – Trim
If your skin is well-taken care of, you can expect it to be more suitable for growth. Wait until your desired length is reached once it gets into the beard growth process.
Step 3 – Begin trimming from the neckline
You should also trim from the sideburns.
Step 4 – Trim the beard on your chin
This should make the middle area look pointy. Once done, you should shorten your mustache.
How to Maintain and Style Your Beard
Step 1 – Prepare your skin and take care of it
Make sure that you make it a regular habit to keep your skin clean. Wash it with warm water in the morning and at night so you can stimulate the growth of a beard like that of Jim Morrison.
Step 2 – Moisturize your skin
Another important step in getting a Jim Morrison beard is to moisturize your skin with the help of a beard cream or oil. This can prevent patchiness and assure you of well-moisturized facial hair.
Step 3 – Comb regularly
This should help in maintaining the even and gorgeous look of your beard. This will also prevent tangles.
Best Products to Maintain It
- Beard oil. This is necessary for ensuring that your beard will receive all the nutrients it needs to grow thicker and fuller quickly. It can also prevent beard itching while conditioning and softening it. It may also be the ultimate solution if you want to fix a scraggly beard.
- Beard balm. This product is also essential in maintaining your Jim Morrison beard as it can help nourish your facial hair for healthy growth. It can also help lessen the discomfort linked to the early phases of beard growth and development.
- Beard shampoo and conditioner. You need a quality beard shampoo and conditioner when grooming your beard. This should help treat coarse facial hair and the skin beneath. This can also help in moisturizing and cleansing your beard.
Is Jim Morrison’s beard attractive?
Yes, it is. When Jim Morrison sported a beard, almost every man also wanted to wear it during his time. It even became an iconic style in the 70s, especially for those long wished to gain recognition as an artist and musician.
Did Jim Morrison shave his beard?
Yes, he did. A few months before his death in 1971, he shaved off his beard. He also seemed to lose the weight he put on along with his beard.