5 Best Beard Brushes (summary)
Beardoholic Beard Brush (Check out on Beardoholic shop) (Our choice for quality)
Exec Beard Brush for Men (Check out on Amazon) (Our choice for price)
Hunter Jack Beard Brush 2 Piece Set (Check out on Amazon)
Beardeur Beard Brush (Check out on Amazon)
Tombstone Beard Brush (Check out on Amazon)
Many men are looking to grow a thicker beard – after all, thick, luxurious beards make up some of the most popular beard styles. The first step towards perfecting your beard is to develop a healthy beard care routine.
Some of the factors that make up an ideal beard care routine are:
- Dedication and commitment to the process
- Solid beard shampoos and products
- Knowing how to trim and groom your beard
In order to grow out your beard and have the most masculine lumbersexual beard out there, you need to commit yourself to the beard growing process.
This means purchasing the necessary products to make sure your beard grows in healthy and full.
Some of the best beard shampoos to keep an eye out for are the Polished Gentleman Beard Shampoo and the Professor Fuzzworthy’s Beard Shampoo.
After washing your beard, using some type of beard softener is always a good idea.
A beard brush is one of the must have grooming tools for your beard.
Although it is difficult to decide which brands make the best beard balms (because there are a lot to choose from), some of the general bestsellers tend to be the Honest Amish brand and the Rocky Mountain Barber Company brands.
Beard vitamins are also a popular method of adding an extra level of silkiness and support to facial hair.
In order to grow out your facial hair, it is imperative to know how to trim a beard.
If you have all of the necessary grooming tools already, you can give your beard a nice trim in five easy steps:
1. Brush or comb out your beard to detangle it.
2. Use your beard trimmer to evenly cut your facial hair, carefully fading your neck and cheeks if you are going for that style.
3. Comb your mustache to the side, clip to the desired length, and then comb the hairs down and clip any length that hangs over your lips.
5. Use some type of beard softener to finish off the job and promote a healthy beard.
A quality beard brush is a key factor in maintaining a healthy and stylish beard.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Beard Brush
Before actually trying one out, you might find yourself asking: what are benefits of using a beard brush?
A beard brush is an essential part of your beard care routine, no matter what length your beard is at.
How to Brush Your Beard
When using a beard brush, it is important to know how to brush your beard for the best results.
Here are the basic steps to take when brushing your beard:
1. Before brushing, make sure that your beard is dry (and approximately room temperature, so if you blow dry your beard make sure that it has cooled down).
2. Perform the initial brush through to get out any major debris that may have gathered in your beard.
3. Add a small amount of your choice of beard oil throughout your beard.
4. Brush again with the grain of your facial hair, starting at the bottom of your beard.
5. After brushing all of your facial hair, use your brush to shape your beard into your desired style.
Choosing the perfect type of beard brush can be difficult because of the many options available.
Top 5 Best Beard Brushes
After all the effort it took to grow out your thick, luxurious beard, it is important to groom it and keep it looking fresh.
Since using a beard brush is a key factor in your beard care routine, you should feel confident that you are using a quality brush to groom your mane.
So how do you find the best beard brushes? Luckily, we have thrown together a list of some of the best options out there.
Here are our top 5 beard brush picks:
1. Beardoholic Beard Brush
The Beardoholic Beard Brush features bristles that are made of 100% boar hair – ensuring you will never want to use the cheap synthetic bristled brushes ever again.
This beard brush is designed to help the user maintain coarse facial hair by smoothly gliding through the beard and fending off ingrown hairs without resulting in any irritation.
The handle is made of bamboo, completing its lightweight build and stylish look.
- Detangles beard and catches loose hairs
- 30-day money back guarantee for a customer’s trial run
- Free worldwide shipping
- Very compact – those who prefer a larger brush may want to look into other options.
2. Exec Beard Brush for Men
This pocket-sized brush is very portable and also has the bristles made of 100% boar hair. This brush comes in aesthetic packaging, making it an ideal gift option.
This brush aims to manage and promote oil production while carefully removing dirt.
- Pocket sized
- Has been noted to lose the occasional bristle when in use.
3. Hunter Jack Beard Brush 2 Piece Set
This brush aims to keep any beard it encounters shiny and smooth. This brush comes with two pieces, a larger pocket sized brush, and a smaller travel sized brush.
Both brushes are perfect for different situations, it just depends on the user’s personal beard requirements! The durable design features 100% natural boar bristles and is great for both home and travel use.
- 2 different sized brushes give you more beard grooming flexibility.
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
The smooth bristles may be a little too soft for some of the thicker and more coarse beards out there, so keep that in mind.
4. Beardeur Beard Brush
Like the previously listed brushes, this brush also sports bristles that are made of 100% boar hair.
This brush has a great track record and advertises itself as the perfect manly gift. This brush smooths out any rough scruff and leaves a clean, well-groomed look.
- Evenly distributes oils across your beard.
- Lots of happy reviews.
- Will ensure your beard feels clean and fashionable.
- This brush is compact and may be a little too small for larger beards.
- Bristles are soft for a smoothing effect but may struggle to detangle thicker beards.
5. Tombstone Beard Brush
This brush has a wooden handle that offers a comfortable grasp and the bristles are synthetically made instead of being natural boar hair. These bristles are made to exfoliate your skin and tame your beard.
- Synthetic bristles are softer than boar hair bristles, so they are not harsh on the user.
- Ergonomic shape for maximum holding comfort.
- Since the bristles are so soft, they may have trouble maintaining beards that are coarser.
Beard Brush vs Comb
There is a difference between the two, which is why it is helpful to utilize both in your beard care routine. Let’s look at a beard brush vs comb.
The factors that make up a brush are the:
The bristles of a brush can be either synthetically made, made of natural boar hair, or made of natural horse hair.
For the best quality results, boar hair bristles are the recommended option as they are able to spread oil more evenly across your beard, giving your beard a much softer texture.
On the flip side, synthetic bristles have the benefit of not doing any harm to animals, although they don’t tend to perform as well as the animal hair brushes.
Most handles for beard brushes are made of bamboo, but it is not uncommon to see a brush with a plastic handle or a handle that is made out of some other type of wood.
The type of handle material you get depends on your personal preferences; wood handles tend to be more durable and aesthetically appealing, but plastic brushes are easier to clean.
The bristle stiffness of a brush depends on what the bristles are made of, and there are pros and cons to softer and stiffer bristles.
Softer bristles have less chance of irritating the user, but stiffer bristles tend to be more effective in distributing oil throughout facial hair.
While there are travel sized beard brushes, beard combs tend to be more portable and smaller.
Overall, the biggest difference between the two is that beard brushes are used to train the direction your beard will grow in and overarching beard health while beard combs are generally used for the detangling portion and sculpting the style of your beard.
If you use a brush, you should know how to clean your beard brush – start by loosening the hair that is tangled in the brush. This can be messy, so try to do it over a trash can or a sink.
Carefully remove the hair while trying not to pull out any bristles. The last step is to carefully rinse the brush if the material allows it.
If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments below.
Photo from: prostooleh / depositphotos.com.
- 5 Best Beard Brushes (summary)
- What Are the Benefits of Using a Beard Brush
- How to Brush Your Beard
- Top 5 Best Beard Brushes
- 1. Beardoholic Beard Brush
- 2. Exec Beard Brush for Men
- 3. Hunter Jack Beard Brush 2 Piece Set
- 4. Beardeur Beard Brush
- 5. Tombstone Beard Brush
- Beard Brush vs Comb
- Bristle stiffness