One of the most essential items you can own in your efforts to maintain your facial hair is beard oil.
Beard oil is a unique combination of essential and carrier oils, blended to perfection to provide you the ability to go from untamed to stunningly handsome with just a few passes through your whiskers.
Before going online and buying the most affordable beard oil on the market, it is extremely important you realize not all of these products are produced the same.
Not only is the beard oil going to be altering the look of your beard, due to the fact it is absorbed into the skin, you need to make certain you are dealing with only 100% natural ingredients that provide numerous benefits to you and your beard.
In order to get a better understanding of which beard oil you should purchase, you have to look at the ingredients first.
The following list of the most common beard oil ingredients and their unique benefits will allow you to see exactly what products should be in the beard oil that you are applying to your face each day.
1. Almond Oil – Regardless if you have fine or coarse beard hair, the almond oil helps to straighten and soften your facial hair without leaving behind split ends or tangles behind. In addition to the almond oil making your skin look and feel healthier, this all-natural ingredient can help to stimulate the growth of facial hair too.
2. Argan Oil – Look at the ingredients in many of the most effective skin moisturizer creams and you will see argan oil at the top of the list. The argan oil is high in vitamin E and softens while it hydrates your skin. The high fatty content of the oil gives the skin a natural boost and will reduce discomfort from hair follicles sprouting up through the skin.
One of the reasons why argan oil is a popular choice for beard oils is because it is non-greasy, non-irritating, and is quickly absorbed in the skin without leaving behind a greasy, oily feel.
3. Castor Oil – A popular ingredient in all-natural beard oils is the castor oil. The castor oil quickly penetrates the skin under your beard and helps to alleviate dry, coarse, and wild beard hairs. The castor oil has properties than will eliminate dandruff, control itching, and even promote beard growth.
When your beard is easier to style, less damage to the hairs occur while combing, styling, and brushing. Less breakage means a manlier looking beard.
4. Essential Oil – One of the best ways to defend against dry skin is to use a beard oil that makes use of essential oils. These essential oils soften that brittle hair and act like a conditioner for your beard while helping to maintain ideal conditions of the skin below.
When your skin is healthy, your facial hair is healthy, which results in less facial hair grooming and maintenance during the week.
5. Grape Seed Oil – When you see grape seed oil listed as one of the ingredients in the beard oil, you know you are getting a premium product. The grape seed oil is mildly astringent, which means for guys a healthier tone to their skin.
This oil contains potent antioxidants that lessen the damage from free roaming radicals on the skin while also helping to diminish any damage from the dangerous rays of the sun.
6. Jojoba Oil – If you are having trouble growing a beard because you keep shaving it off before you get through that difficult itching and growth phase, look for a beard oil that contains jojoba oil and that itching will be a thing of the past.
When you don’t attack the itching at the source, it leads to dandruff. The jojoba oil moisturizes the skin which stops itching and begins to reduce the appearance of those unsightly dandruff flakes.
7. Olive Oil – You already know all about the benefits of olive oil when cooking, now just imagine how that oil will moisturize and lubricate both your beard and skin below.
Even a tiny amount of the olive oil in the beard oil will go to work transforming the look and feel of an exceptionally dry beard. As the oil works its way down the hair shaft, it lubricates each strand so as it grows there is no irritation as the hair passes through the skin.
8. Pine Fragrance Oil – If you are going to go through the effort to moisturize your beard, you might as well make it smell good too. The pine fragrance oil is definitely distinctive but never too overpowering.
The perfect balance of a manly smell and healing properties in one. This oil is subtle enough that you will only smell it occasionally during the day so it does not give your nose sensory overload.
9. Shea Butter – The benefits of Shea butter in the beard oil are numerous. Even if you have the wildest, frizziest, out-of-control wild-man beard, Shea butter can make short work of transforming that mess into a smooth, soft, tangle-free, and touchable beard.
The moisturizing properties in the Shea butter remain on the facial hair to make it more manageable during the day, which means your beard looks like you just brushed it minutes ago.
10. Tea Tree Oil – The benefits of tea tree oil are so numerous it would fill an entire article in of itself. The tea tree oil moisturizes and heals your skin, repairs damaged hairs, leaving the beard shiny and smooth long after you apply the beard oil.
The oil reduces itching, dandruff, redness, and promotes optimal skin health. The oil is quickly absorbed and never leaves behind any oily or greasy residue.
11. Vitamin E Oil – If your beard oil contains vitamin E oil, then it prevents any water loss from the skin, while helping it to retain natural moisture. The oil turns dull, dry skin healthy and well-moisturized.
The vitamin E oil restores the normal oil balance of the skin and even encourages new beard growth while making certain that your beard is looking its best all the time.
12. Wheat Germ Oil – One reason that wheat germ oil is an effective ingredient in beard oil is it has both antioxidant and anti-aging properties that help preserves the texture of your skin and hair, while all the while protecting your skin from damage.
Wheat germ oil is rich in vitamins A, B, D, and E, and has high levels of antioxidants. This oil is essential in keeping beard hair moisturized.
The wheat germ oil retains moisture that is stripped away during washing, exposing the hair to free radicals.
So now you know why these beard oil ingredients are so beneficial to your facial hair and skin and why we insist on only utilizes these ingredients in our premium beard oil.
Our all-natural beard oil is worth every penny because you will spend twice as much on inferior products that don’t offer nearly as many benefits to your beard and skin.
We prefer to choose quality over quantity, eliminating GMO’s and harmful additives, and providing you a product that will transform your beard.
Photos from: Luca Bertolli © 123RF.com, oksix © 123RF.com, Tetiana Vitsenko © 123RF.com, subbotina © 123RF.com and akulamatiau © 123RF.com.